Three big changes are underway to begin fall semester to give you improved services and more efficient processes.
What are the new services and processes?
- You will be able to charge books in the Bookstore before classes start if you have excess Financial Aid available.
- You will be able to get a refund for dropped classes and not be awarded a “W” during the drop/add period.
- ALL refunds will be disbursed via the DS Refund Card.
1. Bookstore Enhancement
- Currently students who advance register must wait in line to pickup an excess check on the second day of class and then stand in line at the bookstore to purchase their books and supplies. Students who register during regular registration and who register late have to pay out of pocket and wait for a refund check.
- New for Fall Semester, students receiving Financial Aid will be able to charge their books in the bookstore using their excess balance (excess balance once tuition and fees have been deducted) five days before classes begin. This will enable students to have their books and supplies before classes begin, as well as reduce check out lines since more days are available for students to purchase their books. This enhancement will be available not only for advanced registered students, but also for students who register during the regular and late registration periods, once Financial Aid has been applied.
2. 100% refunds and no “W” (withdrawal) on record.
- Currently, during the drop/add period, no refunds are given for dropping classes and students are awarded with a “W,” which could affect their eligibility for Financial Aid.
- New for fall semester, students who drop classes during the drop/add period (three days) will now receive a 100% refund for that class and a “W” will not appear on their academic transcript.
How can this be done?
In order to accomplish the first two enhancements, Financial Aid refund checks will no longer be processed and available for pickup on the second day of class.
Why is this change occurring?
To allow students the opportunity to purchase books before classes start, reduce lines, give 100% refunds during drop/add for classes, and not award students with a “W” during drop/add. Classes dropped during the initial drop/add period will not impact future financial aid eligibility.
When will I get my refund?
On the fourteenth day from the first day of classes for those students who were awarded Financial Aid prior to the beginning of the term. Note: Stafford loans will not be credited until funds are received from your lender.
3. How will I get my refund?
Your refund will be delivered through the DS REFUND CARD.
Your Refunds Are Easier With the Easy Refund Card
The DS Refund Card signifies your status as an active member of the Dalton State College community and provides you with options on how to receive your Financial Aid refund.
How are Dalton State refunds delivered to students?
Each registered Dalton State College student will receive a DS Refund Card. Your card will arrive in the mail at your primary address on file with the College. To receive your refund, you must activate your Card via the Higher One website. During card activation, you will choose how to receive your refund money. If you want faster access to your funds, simply choose to have your refunds deposited directly into your Higher One OneAccount. Activate your DS Refund Card and make your refund selection online at www.daltonstateonecard.com.
What are my options for receiving financial aid or other refunds?
Your options include having your refund:
- Directly deposited to your Higher One OneAccount (1 day or less). *
- Deposited to another bank of your choice (3 days or more). *
- Mailed, as a paper check, to the address you designate (5 days or more). *
* (On the fourteenth day when processing is complete on Dalton State campus)
The Higher One OneAccount? What’s that?
The Higher One OneAccount is a fully-functioning FDIC insured FREE CHECKING account that allows you to access your financial aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before. The OneAccount has no minimum balance, no monthly fees, and free Internet banking features. With it, you can use your DS Refund Card to make purchases anywhere a MasterCard is accepted. You can also get cash with no fee at a Higher One ATM located on campus in the Student Center.
What are the advantages of having my refunds deposited directly to my Higher One OneAccount?
- Depositing your refund to your Higher One OneAccount is the quickest way to gain access to your money. In order to have your refund directly deposited, activate your OneAccount as soon as you can. After your financial aid is disbursed and your Dalton State charges have been paid, remaining funds will be released by the College and directly deposited to your OneAccount.
- You can use the DS Refund Card (NOT A CREDIT CARD) to make purchases at all MasterCard Debit locations, access cash at an ATM, pay bills, send money electronically and so much more.
- There is no charge to you for receiving your refund directly in your Higher One OneAccount. There is no monthly fee or minimum balance for the OneAccount.
How will I know when my financial aid or other refund has been directly deposited to my Higher One OneAccount?
You will receive an email when your financial aid refund or any refund has been directly deposited to your OneAccount. Additionally, you will be able to see details of your OneAccount by accessing your OneAccount Statement on the website.
Can I have my refund deposited to another bank account?
If you prefer, you may have your financial aid refund or other refunds deposited to the bank of your choice. In order to have your refund deposited to your bank, as soon as you receive your DS Refund Card you must activate it at www.daltonstateonecard.com. For this option, you will also need to complete, print and mail the third party form to the designated address. The form is available on the website.
Can I select a paper check instead?
You may choose to have a paper check sent to you via regular mail; however, a paper check may take up to 5-7 days from the day the College releases the funds. Regardless of how you choose to receive your funds, you still need to activate your card at www.daltonstateonecard.com.
Why the MasterCard Debit logo on the new DS Refund Card?
The DS Refund Card is the card you use to access your funds if you choose to accept the OneAccount. With the MasterCard Debit logo on it, you can use the card as a debit card wherever MasterCard is accepted. The card is NOT a credit card. It is a DEBIT card.
Is this my Student ID Card?
No. You still need your student ID card to use on campus.
What if I have additional questions?
For more information about the DS Refund Card and refunds, please visit www.daltonstateonecard.com/easyhelp. Or if you prefer, contact Business Services at 706-272-4435