My One Card,
Dalton State's Refund Card

  1. What is the purpose of the My One Card?
    Dalton State does not issue checks for excess Financial Aid funds or funds due a student in the event of cancelled or withdrawn classes with the exception of International Students. Dalton State College contracts with a third party vendor, Higher One, Inc., to issue excess funds through a pre-paid debit card known as the My One Card.

  2. When do refunds of excess funds begin each semester?
    Refunds begin on the fourteenth business day following the disbursement of Financial Aid funds to your Banner account.

  3. Why are excess funds not disbursed on the first day of the semester?
    Students receiving Financial Aid will be able to charge their books in the campus bookstore using their excess funds after tuition and all fees have been deducted beginning five (5) days prior to the start of classes. By allowing students to purchase items in the campus bookstore prior to the start of classes the amount of traffic in the campus bookstore is lighter which shortens wait times in check-out lines and provides a more pleasant purchasing experience. The ability to use excess funds in the campus bookstore will continue through the first few days of the semester after which any remaining funds will be sent to Higher One, Inc. for disbursement through the preference of your choice.

  4. How do I receive the My One Card?
    You will need to be sure the address on file with Dalton State College is your correct address. Higher One, Inc. mails the My One Card directly to you at the address provided by the college so it is very important your address be correct. You do not need to contact the college or Higher One, Inc. to receive this card as it is mailed automatically approximately 10 days after you register for your classes. You will receive only one card during your time enrolled with the college so be sure to keep the card in a safe place once you have activated it.

  5. How do I activate the My One Card?
    Once you receive your card in the mail you will need to log on to the website listed on the back of the card. Instructions for activating your card will be found there. When it comes to deciding how to get your money, simply use your card to select your refund preference –

  6. What choices do I have for receiving my excess funds?
    Your options for receiving your refund through Higher One, Inc. include:
    • Directly deposited to your Higher One OneAccount and accessed with your My One Card (Same business day).*
    • Deposited to another bank account of your choice as an ACH (2 to 3 business days).*
    • Mailed, as a paper check, from Higher One, Inc. to the address on file (5 to 7 business days).*

      *After processing has been completed on Dalton State College’s campus and funds have been transmitted to Higher One, Inc.

  7. What is the Higher One OneAccount?
    The Higher One OncAccount is a fully-functioning FDIC insured Checking account that allows you to access your Financial Aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before. The OneAccount has no minimum balance, no monthly fee for students**, and free Internet banking features. With it you can use your My One Card to make purchases anywhere a MasterCard is accepted. You can also use your My One Card to withdraw funds from your account in the Higher One, Inc. ATM located in the Pope Student Center at no charge. There is a limit of $500, up to the balance of your account, which can be withdrawn from your account in a 24 hour period.

  8. How will I know when funds are available on my Higher One OneAccount?
    You will receive an email when funds have been deposited to your OneAccount. You also have the option of signing up for text alerts once funds have been deposited. You can check the balance of your account by accessing your account online.

  9. Can I have my refund deposited to another bank account?
    If you prefer, you may have your excess funds deposited to an existing bank account other than that offered by Higher One, Inc. However, activation of the My One Card is required to set up this option. You will need to activate the My One Card as instructed and choose the ACH Preference, completing the requested information in order to receive your funds through an outside bank account.

  10. Can I select a paper check instead?
    You may choose to have a paper check mailed to you by Higher One, Inc. at the address on file. Please be aware this process will likely take up to 21 days for a check to be processed. If you do not activate a My One Card your funds will be sent to you by check and could take up to 30 days to reach you.

  11. Is the My One Card the same as my Dalton State ID Card?
    No, your Dalton State ID card is a separate card though both cards will have your picture. You will need to obtain your Dalton State ID card as the picture taken for the ID card is used to produce your My One Card. You will not be issued a My One Card until after you have obtained your Dalton State ID card.

  12. How do I get a new My One Card in the event my original card is lost or stolen?
    You will need to visit the Business Office in the Westcott Building to order a new card. There is a $20 replacement fee to order a new card.

** If the account holder is a student or performs a direct deposit of $100.00 or more per month, the $3.95 monthly service fee will not be assessed. See fee schedule for details.

Dalton State, 650 College Drive, Dalton, GA 30720
706.272.4436 • 1.800.829.4436 •