Welcome to the School of Business at Dalton State. Faculty and staff are a valuable resource to help you achieve your academic and career goals over the next few years. It is especially important that you come to each advising session prepared to make your advising process flow smoothly. If you are a freshman or sophomore student, Andrew Mailman (email@example.com), our Academic Advisor, can be reached at 706.272.4586. For upper-division assistance, contact Ms. Trish Rafey, the Administrative Assistant, at 706.272.4507 or by email at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your first advising appointment must be face-to-face with your Academic Advisor. Both the Advisor and the student share responsibility to make sure that advising and orientation are positive experiences.
Students and Advisors are now able to track degree progress, prepare for graduation and develop a schedule of classes by utilizing the on-line advising tool – DegreeWorks. Being successful in your academic and career goals requires planning from the beginning. Therefore, we provide a proposed two (2) year schedule of course offerings and Progression Charts by major as resources to help prepare for graduation in a timely manner. Full-time Bachelor degree students are advised to complete course work over eight (8) semesters. Associate degrees can be completed in four (4) semesters with a 15 credit hour course load each semester. Below are instructions on developing a course schedule:
How to develop a course schedule:
- First-time, full-time, Bachelor degree-seeking students must take First Year Experience (FYES) the first semester enrolled. You must include this course in your first semester schedule.
- To develop a schedule of classes, print the Course Schedule Template to record courses selected from the Class Schedule or DegreeWorks. Click here for instruction on how to access and use DegreeWorks.
- The following links and documents help to gain knowledge on tracking degree progress and on-line advising requirements as well as preparing for graduation.
- Find the CRN (course reference number)
- The CRN is a five-digit number on the left hand side of the class schedule. Write down the CRN number of each class on your Course Schedule Template. This number is necessary to register within the myDaltonState internal portal.
- If you notice that a class has only one or two seats left, you will want to develop an alternative schedule in case the class is closed at time of registration.
- Also notice the start and end date of each class. Classes offered are either full semester (A session), or half-semester (B & C sessions). B session runs the first half and C session runs the last half of the semester.
- Once approved, your Advisor will give you permission to register. To register for class in the myDaltonState portal, click here for instructions.
- Find Your Advisor
- Go to myDaltonState - The Dalton State campus portal
- Login with your Username and Password
- Under Quick Links, click "Who is My Advisor?"
- Select your term of enrollment and then submit.
- You will be directed to the "General Student Records" page which will outline your student information including Advisor.