What is an internship?
- An internship is a work-related learning experience that is tied to a student’s career goals and curriculum.
- Internships are available throughout the year.
- Internship program opportunities are available in private corporations, small businesses, government and local government offices, and nonprofit organizations.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid positions and sometimes include academic credit. Generally 120 hours of onsite internship experience translates to three (3) hours of academic credit.
- At Dalton State, business students are permitted to apply up to 3 credit hours toward their degree program. Additional internship credits may be earned with approval of the Internship Faculty Advisor.