What is an internship?
- An internship is a work-related learning experience that is tied to a student’s career goals and curriculum.
- Internships are available throughout the year.
- Internship program opportunities are available in private corporations, small businesses, government and local government offices, and nonprofit organizations.
- Internships can be paid or unpaid positions and sometimes include academic credit. Generally 120 hours of onsite internship experience translates to three (3) hours of academic credit.
- At Dalton State, business students are permitted to apply one internship experience (3 credit hours) toward their degree program. Additional internship credits may be earned with approval of the Internship Faculty Advisor.