Dalton State Club Soccer Constitution
ARTICLE I: NAME & PURPOSE
Section A: Name - The name of this club shall be Dalton State Club Soccer Team.
Section B: National Affiliation - National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) Region II. The rules and regulations of the National Constitution shall be followed when not inconsistent with the rules and regulations of NIRSA.
Section C: Purpose - The purpose of this club shall be:
1. Hold soccer matches against other institutions
2. Promote the athletic identity of Dalton State College
3. Strive to improve ourselves through competition
4. Meet DSC team members as well as those from other institutions
5. Have fun
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP & DUES
Section A: Eligibility - Membership shall be open to all currently enrolled students, carrying at least 6 credit hours, that tryout for the Club Soccer Team and excel in the tryout in order for the team to excel in a competitive level.
Section B: Good Standing - Members are considered in good standing if they attend at least seventy-five percent of practices, two meetings per semester, and at least one special event that are co-hosted by Dalton State Club Soccer Team. Only members in good standing are allowed voting privileges.
Section C: Non-Discrimination Statement - Individuals shall not be excluded from membership on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Section D: Dues - Dues shall be $0.00 per year. Unless funding is denied, in which case constitution should be amended and a meeting by the officers shall be called to appoint yearly fee.
Section E: Returning - Returning members are not guaranteed a position on the team when returning for future seasons, as we try to keep the team as competitive as possible. They must go through the tryout process with each new season.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers - The officers shall be President: Joseph Barragan, Vice-President: Jesus Lerma , Secretary: Dean Renton, and Treasure: Rene Preciado.
Section B: Eligibility - Officers must be full-time students, carrying at least 6 credit hours.
Section C: Election - The officers shall be elected by ballot at the last meeting of the spring semester by a majority of the vote cast for that office.
Section D: Term - The officers shall serve for one year and their term of office shall begin at the commencement of the fall semester.
Section E: Vacancy – If a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice-President shall assume the office for the remainder of the term and vacancies in any other office shall be filled by a special election.
Section F: Officer Removal: If an officer fails to complete the duties assigned and the team feels a need for replacement, any officer can be removed from office. A two thirds majority vote is needed to remove an officer from office.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President - it shall be the duty of the President to:
• Preside at meetings
• Vote only in case of a tie
• Train and update the next president of what is to be performed
• Represent the club
• Perform other such duties as ordinarily pertain to this office
Section B: Vice-President - It shall be the duty of the Vice-President to:
• Preside in the absence of the President
• Serve as substitute for any vacancies in office
Section C: Secretary - It shall be the duty of the Secretary to:
• Record of all meetings
• Keep a file of the club’s records
• Maintain a current roster of membership
• Issue notices of meetings and conduct the general correspondence of the club
Section D: Treasurer - It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
• Process Request for Payment, Deposit Slip, and Officer Signature forms
• Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures, and make reports as directed
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Section A: Meetings - Regular meetings consist of practice which will be held up to, but may exceed, 4 days a week.
Section B: Special Meeting - Special meetings may be called by the President with the approval of the Officers.
Section C: Called Meeting - Called meeting can be called if two-thirds of the team calls for a meeting to the officers
ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Section A: Responsibility - Management of this club shall be vested in an Executive Committee responsible to the entire membership to uphold these bylaws.
Section B: Membership - This committee shall consist of the officers as listed in Article III and the faculty advisor.
Section C: Meetings - This committee shall meet at least once between regular meetings of the club to organize and plan future activities.
ARTICLE VII: ADVISOR
Section A: Selection - There shall be a faculty or staff advisor who shall be selected each year by the membership.
Section B: Duties - The responsibilities of the faculty advisor shall be to:
• Maintain an awareness of the activities and programs sponsored by the student club.
• Meet on a regular basis with the President of the student club to discuss upcoming meetings, long range plans, goals, and problems of the club.
• Attend regular and executive board meetings as often as schedule allows.
• Assist in the orientation of new officers.
• Explain and clarify campus policy and procedures that apply to the club.
• Maintain contact with the Campus Recreation Office.
• Provide direction in the area of parliamentary procedure, meeting facilitation, group-building, goal setting, and program planning.
• Assist the club Treasurer in monitoring expenditures, fundraising activities, and corporate sponsorship to maintain an accurate and up-to-date account ledger.
• Inform club members of those factors that constitute unacceptable behavior on the part of the club members and the possible consequence of said behaviors.
ARTICLE VIII: COMMITTEES
Section A: Program Committee - A program committee composed of the Vice-President as chairperson and four other members shall be appointed by the President before the end of spring semester, whose duty shall be to plan the overall program of the club.
Section B: Special Committees - The President shall have the authority to appoint any special committees, with the approval of the Executive Committee, from time to time as need demands.
ARTICLE IX: HANDLING OF FUNDS
Section A: Responsible Parties - The organization’s on-campus account will be managed primarily by the President, Advisor, and Treasurer.
Section B: Authority - The registration form will indicate to DSC staff which officers are authorized to sign what types of documents concerning funds.
Section C: Fund Deposits - All funds collected on campus, with the exception of dues, MUST BE DEPOSITED into the organization's account.
ARTICLE X: AMENDMENTS AND REVISIONS
Section A: Selection - These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of the chapter membership.
Section B: Notice - All members shall receive advance notice of the proposed amendment at least fourteen days before the meeting.
BYLAWS FOR DALTON STATE CLUB SOCCER
ARTICLE I: DUES
The members will not be responsible for dues. All funding should come from donations and fundraising.
ARTICLE II: MEETINGS
Section A: General membership meeting will be several times weekly.
Section B: Officers will be more consistently as specific meeting times.
ARTICLE III: COMMITTEES
Committees will be formed by the Vice President on a need-be basis.
ARTICLE IV: AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS
Section A: Amendments to the by-laws may be presented by any member in good standing.
Section B: Amendments to the by-laws shall be adopted by a two-thirds vote of the voting body.