INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
- 110 1 - 03, CRN: 80468
1 - 03, CRN: 80468
13 August - 12 December, 2012
This is a Rgular class that will meet two days a week
On: Monday & Wednesday
Time: 1:40 am - 2:55 pm
Room: Tech 201
10:50 - 1:35, Monday & Wednesday
12:15 - 1:30, Tuesday & Thursday
or by appointment for other times
Course Requirements and Evaluation
Students are required to attend to online class activities, read the text, and take all the tests described in this syllabus. Evaluation will be based on the student's ability to demonstrate understanding of the topics discussed throughout the course.
Evaluation is divided into the following
1. There are four multiple-choice exams, which account for 40% of the grade (12.5% each). The exams will be drawn from the text, lectures, and media presented in the class.
2. Online Tests, on Georgia View, which account for 30% of the grade.
3. Participation in class discussions, on Georgia View, which accounts for 20% of the grade.
4. A research project exercise , which accounts for 10% of the grade (7% for contents + 3% for presentation. Topics to be selected from Unit 1 Study Guides).
Notes Concerning deadlines and dates of exams and tests:
1. Exams are to be taken on campus, at the specific times stated in the course schedule section.
2. Chapter Online tests are to be taken through the Georgia View system, at the announced dates and deadlines.
3. Students are strongly encouraged to take exams and tests on time. Missing exams and tests may lead to a penalty of 10% points less for each test or exam (See details in the Schedule Section).