- 1160 - 02, CRN:
- 02, CRN:80469
13 August - 12 December 2012
This is an online class that will meet only once every about three weeks for in-class unit exams
Dates: Class meets four times for taking unit Exams
(See the Course Schedule)
Time: 9:25-10:40 am
Room: LIA 114
10:50 - 1:35, Monday & Wednesday
12:15 - 1:30, Tuesday & Thursday
or by appointment for other times
Course Requirements and Evaluation
Students are required to attend to online class activities, read the text, submit assignments on time, and take all the tests described in this syllabus. Evaluation will be based on the student's ability to demonstrate understanding of the topics discussed throughout the course.
Evaluation is divided into the following
1. There are four multiple-choice exams, which account for 50% of the grade (12.5% each). The exams will be drawn from the text, lectures, and media presented in the class.
2. Chapter Online Tests, on Georgia View, which account for 25% of the grade.
3. Essays, discussing social problems, one on each chapter covered in the course, which accounts for 15% of the grade (See details on Georgia View, at the Disussions section).
4. Essay Discussions, on Georgia View, which account for 10% of the grade.
Notes Concerning deadlines and dates of exams and tests:
1. Exams are to be taken in class, on campus, at the specific dates and times stated in the course schedule section.
2. Chapter Online tests and quizzes are to be taken through the Georgia View system, at the announced dates and deadlines.
3. Students are strongly encouraged to take exams and tests on time. Missing exams may lead to a penalty of 10% (or 20%) points less for each test or exam (See details in the Schedule Section).