INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
- 110 1 - 03H, CRN: 23317
1 - 03H, CRN: 23317
7 January - 6 May, 2013
This is a Hybrid class that will meet once a week
Time: 12:15 am - 1:30 pm
Room: LIA 102
9:30 - 12:10, Monday & Wednesday
10:55 - 12:10, Tuesday & Thursday
or by appointment for other times
Course Requirements and Evaluation
Students are required to attend to online class activities, read the text, and take all the tests described in this syllabus. Evaluation will be based on the student's ability to demonstrate understanding of the topics discussed throughout the course.
Evaluation is divided into the following
1. There are four multiple-choice Unit Exams, which account for 40% of the grade. The exams will be drawn from the text, lectures, and media presented in the class.
2. Online Tests, on Georgia View, which account for 30% of the grade.
3. Class Attendance, which accounts for 10% of the grade.
4. Participation in Online Class Discussions, which accounts for 20% of the grade.
For every day of absence, one point is deducted from the ten points of class attendance. If absence exceeds eight days, a student maybe assigned a failing grade (F), unless absence is justified on grounds of severe conditions, such as hospitalization and death in the family.
Notes Concerning deadlines and dates of exams and tests:
1. Exams are to be taken on campus, at the specific times stated in the course schedule section.
2. Chapter Online tests are to be taken through the Georgia View system, at the announced dates and deadlines.
3. Students are strongly encouraged to take exams and tests on time. Missing exams and tests may lead to a penalty of 10% points less for each test or exam (See details in the Schedule Section).