From time-to-time during the semester, we will discuss current events and debate topics. These debates are an excellent opportunity for you to practice your speaking skills. Additionally, this gives you the chance to offer evidence and support backing your arguments and positions.
Topics for Debate
- Has Affirmative Action hindered or furthered Civil Rights?
- In domestic violence cases ending in homicide, is "Battered Woman Syndrome" a valid defense?
- Has money and special interest ruined the American political system?
- What role should government take in health care reform?
- Has the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) legislation helped or hindered public
- Has the HOPE Scholarship truly helped needy students?
- Should Dalton State College add sports programs?