Fact & Opinion Practice 1
Determine whether the following sentences are facts,
opinions, or a mixture of fact and opinions.
Then, check your answers against the key.
1. Marijuana should be legalized to reduce the effects of the current economic crisis.
2. The death penalty should be abolished because it’s just too expensive.
3. A California lawmaker Monday introduced legislation that would legalize (and tax) pot there.
4. Last year, in an effort to cut costs, probation and parole
agencies in Arizona, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Jersey,
and Vermont sadly reduced or dropped prison time for thousands of offenders who foolishly violated conditions of their release.
5. President Barack Obama said Tuesday night that the country must now act “boldly and wisely” to take charge of its future.
6. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
7. All opinions are equally relevant.
8. Bruce Springsteen wrote "Thunder Road," a classic song of escape.
9. My car, which has only 10,000 miles on the odometer, will last another six years.
10. A city in beautiful north Florida, Tallahassee is the
Link to the Answer Key