This four semester limited enrollment program prepares the successful graduate to pass the State Board Exam (NCLEX-PN) and to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN.) Opportunities for employment include a variety of health care settings including the hospital, nursing home, clinic, doctor's office, home health, or other medical facilities.
|Credit Hours||Major Field Courses|
|2||LPNS 1103 (Nutrition)|
|3||LPNS 1105 (Medication Calculation and Administration)|
|4||LPNS 1109 (Nursing Fundamentals I)|
|4||LPNS 1111 (Nursing Fundamentals II)|
|6||LPNS 1120 (Med Surg I)|
|6||LPNS 1121 (Med Surg II)|
|6||LPNS 1130 (Med Surg III)|
|2||LPNS 1150 (Leadership I)|
|2||LPNS 1151 (Leadership II)|
|5||LPNS 1140 (OB)|
|5||LPNS 1141 (PEDS)|
|45 total hours|
|*66 total hours - pre-requisites and major field courses combined|
|3||ALHT 1110 (Allied Health Terms I)|
|3||ALHT 1111 (Allied Health Terms II)|
|3||BIOL 1100 (Human Biology)|
|3||ENGL 1100 (Communication Skills)|
|3||READ 1100 (Reading Skills)|
|3||CAPS 1101 (Intro to Computers)|
|3||MATH 1104 (Applied Mathematics)|
|21 total hours|
- A new class is accepted for each Spring and Fall semester. After pre-requisites the program takes approximately 16 months.
- This program is a full-time endeavor consisting of class and clinic Monday -Friday, 30-40 hours/week.
You must take the following steps to be admitted to the Practical Nursing Program:
- Apply and be accepted to Dalton State College. Complete basic required testing (SAT, ACT, Compass).
- Complete LPN Program Application Forms
- After the LPN Program application forms are completed and submitted, you will be contacted for an individual assessment to determine your eligibility for the program.