The online application for the Fall 2014 RN BSN class closed April 1, 2014. Class selection will take place during the month of April. All students that applied to the Fall 2014 RN BSN class will be mailed a letter by May 1, 2014 notifying them of their status in the class.
The online application for the Fall 2015 nursing class will open on January 1, 2015 and remain open until April 1, 2015.
Please contact Lynda Ridley, BSN Department Chair, at email@example.com for additional information about the RN BSN program.
RN-BSN APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The RN-BSN program at Dalton State participates in the Georgia RN-BSN Articulation Plan developed by collaborative efforts of ASN and BSN nursing educators. The RN-BSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, N.E., Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Phone (404) 975-5000; Fax (404) 975-5020; www.acenursing.org). To be eligible to participate in this program, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Graduation from an ASN or Diploma program within the past four (4) years.
- Graduation from an ASN or Diploma program more than four (4) years ago with documentation of 1000 hours of practice within the past 3 years.
- Hold a current, unencumbered, valid license to practice nursing in the state of Georgia. ASN graduates who meet the above requirements will receive transfer credit for 20 hours of nursing credit for associate degree nursing courses and 19 hours of “credit by exam” after completing nine (9) hours of upper division nursing courses.
- Have a minimum 2.50 GPA on the required courses listed below in Section E.
- Complete 50 hours of core which includes 33 semester hours from the ASN program; 11 semester hours from Area D – Natural Sciences, Math, and Technology, 3 semester hours from Area E – Lower Division Major Requirements (SOCI 1101 – Introduction to Sociology), and 3 semester hours from Area F – Lower Division Major Requirements (PSYC 2103 – Human Development). In order to be considered for selection, the 11 hours must be completed by the end of spring semester before students begin the program in the summer.
- Be admitted to Dalton State College and complete a separate online admission application to the Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Department.
TO APPLY YOU MUST:
- Be accepted to Dalton State College and receive a Dalton State email address.
- Submit the online application found on the RN-BSN Admission Criteria and Application link on the Department of Nursing web page on the DSC website between January 1 – April 1 annually.
There is a $20 application fee charge. The application fee will be charged and deducted from your DSC Student Account. Students applying who are not current DSC students will be charged as soon as their acceptance to Dalton State is complete.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET WILL INCLUDE:
- Submission of Online Application Form
- Employment Verification Form (if applicable)
- Current, unencumbered nursing license or documentation of licensure application
- Current resume
- Current evidence of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Unofficial college transcripts from all colleges attended
Application packets should be submitted to Cheryl Nuckolls, Administrative Assistant, Department of Nursing in Sequoya Hall, Room 153. Packets can also be mailed to Cheryl Nuckolls, Dalton State College, Department of Nursing – Sequoya Hall, 650 College Drive, Dalton, GA 30720.
INCOMPLETE PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!!