MOBILE DEVICE EMAIL SETUP for Dalton State College
The following instructions should help you set up your Dalton State email on most iPhone and Android mobile devices. If your device is not an iPhone or Android, the following settings can be used:
Domain: daltonstate (if there is not a place to enter the domain separately, your username may be entered as daltonstate\username)
- Click "Settings"
- click "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- click "Add Account"
- click "Microsoft Exchange"
- supply your email address, password, and a description
- click "Next"
- If you receive the message "Exchange Account Unable to verify account information", click "OK" Verify your email address is correct, the server should be set to dscexchange.daltonstate.edu, the Domain should be set to daltonstate, and verify your username and password are correct.
- click "Next"
- confirm that you want to synchronize your mail, contacts, calendars, and reminders (all should be set to on)
- click "Save"
Check to see that it works by clicking the Mail icon on the home page and selecting your new Exchange account. After a few minutes, your mail should appear.
Android Device Setup
- tap menu button in lower-left portion of device screen
- tap “Settings”
- tap “Accounts and Sync”
- tap “Add Account” button
- tap ”Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync” (some versions of Android may show this as Corporate Sync)
- enter your email address, password, tap “Next”
- if prompted to acknowledge activation, tap “Yes”
- you may receive an error that authentication failed. If so, tap “OK” and verify settings:
- Domain: user name: daltonstate\username (some devices may ask for you to supply the domain separate from the username)
- Password: enter your email/myDaltonState password
- Exchange Server: dscexchange.daltonstate.edu
- Use secure connection should be checked
- Scroll up and tap “Next” button
- device will test connection (may take a minute or so)
- you may receive a Remote Security Administration warning similar to “Server dscexchange.daltonstate.edu must be able to remotely control some security features on your device. Continue?” If you receive this message (or similar), tap “Yes”. Doing this allows you to remotely erase your personal data from the device in the event it is ever lost or stolen.
- If prompted to set/verify your account options, the following default settings should be fine but can be adjusted as needed:
- Peak Schedule – Push
- Off-Peak Schedule – Push
- Amount to synchronise – 3 days
- Email retrieval size – 2Kb
- Period to sync calendars – 2 weeks
- Notify me when email arrives – checked
- Sync Contacts – checked
- Sync Calendar – checked
- Tap “Next” button
- Name your account such as “Daltonstate Exchange” and tap “Done”
- If prompted to activate device administrator, tap the “Activate” button
Locate your email icon (located in applications by default) and open. Emails will appear within a few minutes.