Dalton State College’s orientation registration system is all online for your convenience. To register for an orientation session that is most appropriate for you, please read the descriptions of our various new student types below.
If you fall under all of the following categories, you are considered a traditional freshman and this will be the most appropriate option for you:
- This is your first time attending college.
- You are of the traditional college age (17-24).
- You are planning on attending classes at the main Dalton campus.
- You are planning on enrolling in school full-time (12 credit hours or more per semester).
See the Freshman Orientation Schedule
Transfer students have previously attended another college or university for at least one semester. If you are transferring from another college or university, this may be the most appropriate option for you:
See the Transfer Student Orientation Schedule
If you are only attending Dalton State for one semester between terms from another college or university, then you are not required to attend Orientation.
If you fall under any of the following categories, you are considered a non-traditional student and this may be an appropriate option for you:
- You are a first time student over the age of 24.
- You have attended Dalton State College previously.
- You will be working full-time while you attend school.
- You are a military veteran.
- You are a student with dependents (family, children, etc.)
- You are not enrolling in school full-time (less than 12 credit hours per semester).
See the Non-Traditional Student Orientation Schedule
If you are going to be a high school student while taking Dalton State College courses with one of the Dual Enrollment programs such as the College Prep Accel Program or the Tech-Prep Dual Enrollment Program, this will be the most appropriate option for you:
See the Dual Enrollment Orientation Schedule
If you will be attending all of your upcoming semester courses at the Gilmer County Center in Elijay, then this will be the most appropriate option for you:
See the Gilmer County Center Orientation Schedule