What do I do in case there is a Bomb Threat?
- The recipient of the threat will attempt to obtain any information which would help identify the specific area of danger and the caller.
- Call Public Safety and ext. 4461. Give your name, department and telephone number. Inform them of the situation, including any information provided to you regarding the location of the bomb, time it is set to explode, and the time you received the call.
- As in all situations, the Department of Public Safety will notify the appropriate authorities as needed.
- If you should locate a suspicious object or package, report it to authorities. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TOUCH IT.
- If instructed to evacuate, move to a safe distance away from the building, a minimum of 1,000 feet.