What do I do in case of Serious Injury?

  1. Do not move a seriously injured person unless it is a life-threatening situation.
  2. Call Public Safety at ext. 4461. Give your name, department and location of the victim. Give as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury or illness, whether or not the victim is conscious, etc. Officers will arrange for an ambulance if necessary.
  3. Return to the victim, administer first aid, and keep the victim as calm and comfortable as possible. You should know the names of people trained in C.P.R. in your building and the location of the first aid kit and A.E.D.’s.
  4. Remain with the victim until Public Safety Officers arrive.