Faculty Information FAQ

Q. I have a student in my class who is not on my Banner class roll.  What should I do?
A. The student may have been dropped by the Business Office because of non-payment or simply did not register for that class.  Direct the student to the Registrar's office so that we may advise the student what the problem is.
Q. I have a student in my class who needs his grade before the end of the term to meet a requirement at another institution. (This may be admission or graduation).
A. We will work with students who need transcripts before the end of the term, but they must advise us of their requirements as soon as possible.  A Transcript Request must also be completed. From your standpoint, you would need to enter the course grade in Banner-Web early and e-mail or call the Registrar or Asst Registrar when this has occurred. From that point, we can complete the processing.
Q. I have a student who will not complete the work required for my course in time for final grades to be posted.  I want to award him an Incomplete.  What do I do?
A. You should discuss the requirements of the I grade with the student and make some arrangements toward completion. Students must complete the work before the end of their next term of enrollment (even if that is summer) to avoid having their grade revert to an F. Students who are not enrolled have up to one calendar year to complete their work.  If the work is not completed in time, the Office of the Registrar will convert the grade of I to an Fs. 
Q. Where can I find the Quarter to Semester course conversion information.
A. There is a Semester Conversion Handbook published in 1998, which should be available in your division. Check with your administrative assistants.
Q. I need a summary of Dalton State College grade codes.
A. Link to Grades page.

Dalton State, 650 College Drive, Dalton, GA 30720
706.272.4436 • 1.800.829.4436 • www.daltonstate.edu