A FORMAL ADMISSION APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE INSTITUTION FOR WHICH THIS TRANSIENT PERMISSION FORM IS REQUESTED. IT IS THE STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH THAT INSTITUTION’S ADMISSION STANDARDS AND APPLICATION DEADLINES.
Dalton State students who wish to take coursework at another institution and have that coursework accepted for credit at Dalton State College must:
- Have completed at least one semester at Dalton State College;
- Have exited all learning support requirements.
- Have attended Dalton State College within the past three semesters;
- Not be on academic probation or academic or disciplinary dismissal (restricted enrollment or exclusion); and
- Make a grade of “C” or better in the transient course(s) taken. (Note: It is the student’s responsibility to request that an official transcript be sent to Dalton State at the end of the term during which the transient course(s) are taken.)
Note: Dalton State College students may be approved for transient status for only one term.
TO REQUEST APPROVAL:
- Complete this Transient Student Permission Request Form; have it signed by your advisor, and return to the Registrar’s Office for processing. A copy of the approval will be mailed to you at the address you have indicated on this form.
- Contact the institution that you wish to attend to obtain admission information, including application deadlines, and course offerings and their descriptions for the quarter/semester that you wish to enroll.
- Request core curriculum course equivalents from the Dalton State College Registrar’s Office. For courses outside the core curriculum, it may be necessary for you to provide course descriptions from the transient institution to your advisor at Dalton State College.
PLEASE ALLOW ONE WEEK FOR DALTON STATE TO PROCESS THIS REQUEST. IT IS THE STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO FOLLOW DEADLINES AS SPECIFIED BY THE OTHER INSTITUTION.
Note: A Dalton State student who desires to be readmitted to Dalton State College after having gone transient to another institution and who has not attended classes at Dalton State for one year or more must submit a Readmit Student Application to the Office of Enrollment Services at least 20 days prior to the published date of registration. Readmit applications may be obtained from the Office of Enrollment Services.
Link to Transient Permission Request Form: