- DSC Institutional GPA of 2.0.
- Submission of and approval of application by the BSW Program Admissions Committee. Students may obtain the application from the BSW program office or website.
- Documentation of at least 50 hours of approved human service experience (see suggested list of agencies).
- Submission of three letters of reference attesting to the student's suitability for the social work profession: One from a non-relative who knows the student well: One from a former college instructor. (form available; see BSW program office): One from a human service professional who supervises the 50 hour volunteer experience.
- Completion of an equivalent degree at another accredited college.
- Submission of a statement of interest to the BSW Admissions Committee explaining reasons for choosing a career in social work (300-500 words).
All completed applications are reviewed by the BSW Admissions Committee and students are notified of their decision in writing. Regular admission will be awarded upon completion of the application to the BSW Upper Division as well as successful completion of DSC BSW lower division requirements. Provisional admission will be awarded students who complete the Application to the Upper Division and are enrolled in the final required courses of the BSW lower division.
AFTER COMPLETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS AND REQUIRED 3000 LEVEL COURSES, STUDENTS MAY APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THE PROFESSIONAL FOUNDATION LEVEL, (4000 level courses) IN THE JUNIOR YEAR.
Please refer to the Course Catalog for more information.