Fused Sentence Practice 5
Identify and correct any fused sentences.
1. The severe weather warning did not deter some travelers traffic on I-75 was not as heavy as usual.
2. The sky turned black the rain fell in torrents.
3. Many drivers turned on their flashers because visibility was poor.
4. Since I could no longer see the road, I pulled off at the first exit.
5. There was no gas station at the exit I joined the many cars that were pulled off on the side of the road.
6. I was almost out of gas, so I turned off my engine.
7. When the rain slackened, I got back on the interstate I drove to the next exit.
8. I'm glad that I kept driving I later learned that a tornado touched down near where I had been parked.
9. It destroyed several homes fortunately no one was hurt.
10. Now that you have completed questions one through nine, you should check your answers.