Determine whether any of the following sentence are fused. Correct those that are.
1. One day in the late summer, Frog was not feeling well.
2. Toad said, "Frog, you are looking quite green."
3. "But I always look green," said Frog "I am a frog."
4. "Today you look very green even for a frog go to bed and rest."
5. Toad made Frog a cup of hot tea Frog drank the tea.
6. It's not easy to sit at the computer and make up examples of fused sentences.
7. The sun is shining the world is all aglow.
8. This is the last day of spring break, and I'm sitting here at this computer trying to think of fused sentences.
9. I must be out of my mind everyone else is at the beach.
10. But it's too cold for the beach; furthermore, it's too far to drive.
11. Adjectives modify nouns by adding to their meaning adverbs modify verbs and other adverbs.
12. Nouns are words that name persons, places, things, or abstractions.
13. The comma is the most widely used punctuation mark there is much variation in its usage.
14. I slipped on the wet floor as I ran across the kitchen.
15. I cannot prepare for the seminar because I have misplaced my glasses.
Return to List of Exercises
Return to Writing Lab Home Page