Comprehensive Program Review
The offices of Academic Affairs and Institutional Research conduct comprehensive Academic Program Reviews of degree and certificate programs every five years. Below are some Program Review resources:
- Academic Program Review Timetable (updated February 2018)
- Dalton State Comprehensive Program Review Committee
- Academic Program Review Template (August 2018)
- USG Guidelines for Academic Program Reviews
- USG Comprehensive Program Review Reporting Vehicle, July 2016
Purpose: Academic Program Review provides faculty and administrators with the opportunity to assess the relative value of academic programs in terms of viability, productivity and quality.
Characteristics: The Review focuses on assessing Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes, evaluating measures of effectiveness and program-level outcomes, appraising the use of assessment results for program improvement, reviewing the Program's curriculum, identifying Program strengths and weaknesses and forming recommendations for follow-up and/or action plans.
Timing: Each program is reviewed once every five years at a minimum.
Academic Program: All active Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees and Certificate programs are included in the review cycle.
Content: Each Program Review will adhere in style, form and content to the standard set by the Offices of Academic Affairs and Institutional Research and Planning.
Process: The Vice President for Academic Affairs meets annually with the Dean of each School to select programs for review.
Completed Comprehensive Program Review
- Cert. Licensed Practical Nursing (2017)
- Cert. Licensed Practical Nursing (2011)
- Cert. Medical Assisting (2011)
- AAS Computer Network & Service Technology (2019)
- AA General Studies (2017)
- AA Communication Studies (2015)
- AAS Respiratory Therapy (2014)
- AAS Digital Design (2014)
- AAS Medical Laboratory Technology (2013)
- AAS Radiologic Technology (2013)
- AA General Studies (2012)
- AA Political Science (2012)
- AS Computer Science (2011)
- AS Physics/Pre-Engineering (2011)
- AA Psychology (2011)
- BS/AS Criminal Justice (2019)
- BA in History and History Education (2019)
- BS in Elementary Education (2019)
- BS Mathematics (2019)
- BS Biology (2019)
- BBA Management (2019)
- BBA Accounting (2018)
- BA Interdisciplinary Studies (2018)
- BAS Technology Management (2017)
- BBA Management Information Systems (2015)
- BBA Marketing (2016)
- BS Mathematics with Secondary Education (2014)
- BS Mathematics (2014)
- BS Chemistry (2014)
- BBA Management (2014)
- BA English/English Education (2014)
- BS Criminal Justice (2014)
- BA History/History Education (2013)
- BAS Technology Management (2011)