Search Updates and News
The Presidential Search Committee will provide regular updates to Dalton State about the search process and share opportunities to provide input. Find the latest updates below.
- Margaret Venable, Dalton State President, announces retirement
- Presidential Search Committee named
- John Fuchko III named Interim President at Dalton State
- Three listening sessions were held May 10, 2023, on the Dalton State Campus and were open for anyone to attend. For those who wanted to participate but couldn’t attend in person links were available to join the sessions virtually.
- Presidential search update sent September 26, 2023
Dear Dalton State Community,
We hope the new semester is off to a great start. On behalf of the presidential search committee, I am writing to update you on the search for the next president of Dalton State College. Following the listening sessions last May, the search profile was finalized, and we spent the summer months recruiting and assessing candidates. We are pleased to report there was incredible interest in the opportunity to work here, which is a testament to the strength and reputation of the college and the Dalton community. We received more than 80 applications, and the search committee had the difficult task of narrowing the field down to a smaller group of stellar candidates who we interviewed.
Following those interviews, we recommended a group of five candidates to interview with the Board of Regents. The board has completed their interviews, and you will see an announcement in the coming days.
On behalf of the search committee, we are grateful for your support throughout the search process and are excited about Dalton State’s new president.
Chair of the Dalton State College Presidential Search Committee & Board of Regents member