Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The Wright School of Business is proudly accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB is the premier accreditation of top business schools around the globe and less than five percent of business schools hold this distinction. The fundamental purpose of AACSB accreditation is to encourage business schools to hold themselves accountable for improving business practice through a commitment to strategic management, learner success, and impactful thought leadership. AACSB achieves this purpose by defining a set of guiding principles and standards, coordinating peer review and consultation, and recognizing high-quality business schools that meet the standards and actively engage in the process.
The mission of AACSB International is to foster engagement, accelerate innovation and amplify impact in business education. This mission is aligned with AACSB’s accreditation standards for business schools. AACSB strives to continuously improve engagement among business, faculty, institutions and students so that business education is aligned with the needs business practice. To fulfill this goal, AACSB encourages and accelerates innovation to continuously improve business education. As a result, business schools will have a positive impact on business and society—and AACSB International will amplify that impact.
The vision of AACSB is to transform business education for global prosperity. Business and business schools are a force for good, contributing to the world’s economy, and AACSB plays a significant role in making that benefit better known to all stakeholders—serving business schools, students, business, and society.
In achieving its mission and vision, AACSB’s values drive future initiatives and interactions with the business education community worldwide.
MISSION: We foster engagement, accelerate innovation and amplify impact in business education.
VISION: Transforming business education for global prosperity.
VALUES: Quality - Inclusion and Diversity - Global Mindset - Ethics - Social Responsibility - Community
For further information regarding the accreditation process and its value to your ongoing business career please click the image below.
What it Means to be AACSB-Accredited
- Demonstrates the WSOB's commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Assures employers that Dalton State College produces successful graduates who are prepared to be productive members of society.
- Demonstrates WSOB graduates have achieved specified learning goals.
- Ensures currency of curricula, technology and pedagogy connected with quality teaching.
- Ensures quality WSOB faculty and staff are participating in the life of the college.
- Allows your WSOB to produce scholarship consistent with our mission.
- Showcases how the WSOB makes a positive impact on society.
The 10 Guiding Principles of AACSB Accreditation
Dalton State College demonstrates commitment to each of these guiding principles.
They are the foundation for our AACSB accreditation.
|1. Ethics and Integrity
|2. Societal Impact
|3. Mission-Driven Focus
|8. Global Mindset
|4. Peer Review
|9. Diversity and Inclusion
|5. Continuous Improvement
10. Continued Adherence to AACSB Guiding
Principles and Business Standards
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on colleges
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices among the diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Latin America and other international sites approved by the Commission that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral degrees. The Commission also accepts applications from other international institutions of higher education.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is to assure the educational quality and improve the effectiveness of its member institutions.
Core Values: The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges has six core values. They are:
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Peer Review/Self-regulation
- Student Learning
Vision Statement: To serve as the premier model for shaping and ensuring the quality of higher education throughout the world.
For further information regarding the accreditation process and its value please click the image below.
Dalton State College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; telephone number 404-679-4501) to award the Associate and Bachelor's Degrees.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Program Goals and Objectives
- Strategic knowledge of business conditions
- Business students will demonstrate a basic knowledge of all business as well as competencies within the functional areas of business (covered in MNGT 4701 Strategic Management)
- Business students will make appropriate strategic business decisions (covered in MNGT 4701 Strategic Management)
- Oral - Business students will deliver a professional oral business presentation (covered in BUSA 3301 Business Communications)
- Written – Business students will author a professional business letter or memorandum (covered in BUSA 3301 Business Communications)
- Technology and Decision Making
- Business students will demonstrate the ability to effectively use information, technology and software (covered in BUSA 2201 Fundamental of Computer Applications)
- Business students will use technology to solve and interpret a quantitative business problem (covered in BUSA 2050 Business Statistics)
Note: As a reminder, all students will take a computerized exit exam as part of their strategic management class. It covers Area F and Business Core classes. Please consider saving your books, notes, and other class materials to prepare for this online ETS Major Field Test in Business.