The Wright School of Business Student Ambassadors are an elite group of students who represent the Wright School of Business and serve as spokespeople and tour guides for the renovated building. The WSOB faculty identified and recommended these premier students in each of the majors. WSOB ambassadors must meet criteria including a GPA of 3.0 or higher, be well spoken, and a representative of our student population. Each of the applicants was personally interviewed by our Assistant Dean. Student Ambassadors do not receive credit other than volunteer hours via Roadrunner Serve. Students receive white dress shirts with logo and the title of Student Ambassador to wear during all events or tours. Student Ambassadors have participated in the Gignilliat Hall ribbon cutting event, giving tours to the Wright School of Business’ Business Advisory Council, hosting a local FBLA and CTAE group from Dalton High School, and greeting numerous state representatives and government delegations. If you are interested in being a Student Ambassador, please see below for responsibilities and eligibility and the link to apply to serve as a WSOB student ambassador. Also, contact the Assistant Dean, Ms. Jamie Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Ambassadors are Junior or Senior-level Wright School of Business (WSOB) majors, who promote awareness, pride, and diversity within the Wright School of Business. Ambassadors will demonstrate their leadership and advance the Wright School of Business by engaging with fellow students, potential students, alumni, the DSC campus, and the area business and professional community at a variety of business events.
As an Ambassador, you will benefit by:
- Serving as a role model to your peers and mentor to new business students
- Refining your presentation and communication skills
- Increasing your leadership potential
- Developing a strong network of peers, alumni and business professionals
- Expanding your resume and volunteer service experience
- Wearing a “WSOB Ambassador” monogrammed stole at graduation with your regalia
The Wright School of Business Ambassadors will be selected based upon their academic records, interpersonal skills, and dependability. Nominees and applicants should:
- Be a Junior or Senior-level (completed area F courses) student at DSC pursuing one of the six business majors, and, preferably with a business minor
- Meet a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (overall or in their chosen business major)
- Have at least two semesters (preferably three or more) remaining before their expected graduation
- Show a strong commitment to the Wright School of Business, its programs, and overall mission
Ambassadors are expected to attend meetings and functions as designated by the Dean, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Student Committee, or WSOB Professional Advisors. In addition, they should be willing to participate in social, educational, and recruiting events held by the Wright School of Business and Dalton State College.
Ambassadors may be nominated by WSOB faculty or business students may nominate themselves.
- All nominations must be received by Assistant Dean, Professor Jamie Connors (email@example.com), by the 3rd (third) week of the fall or spring semester.
- Professor Connors will email students who have been nominated by faculty to complete the WSOB Student Ambassador Survey below.
- Nominees who meet all eligibility requirements will have in-person interviews conducted by the WSOB standing Student Committee (or their designees), who will select the final candidates to serve as Ambassadors.
- This roster will be presented to the faculty and WSOB administrators for approval at a regular faculty meeting.
- The total number of Ambassadors for any academic year may not exceed 10 students. The goal will be to have the selection process complete, and the new Ambassadors in place no later than the end of the second month of each fall and spring semesters.
Please click on the link below to apply to serve as a WSOB student Ambassador.