UN Goal 4 - Education
The UN has developed 17 Sustainable Development Goals for countries across the world to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
Goal 4 is to promote quality education. Education is one of the most important things for anyone’s personal development and for building future leaders of the world.
However, since the pandemic started over two years ago, schools across the globe have struggled to provide an education for students, especially for girls, children in rural areas, disabled children, and ethnic minorities.
- Ensure access to free, equitable, quality preprimary, primary, and secondary education.
- Ensure access to affordable and affordable tertiary education, including university.
- Increase the number of youth and adults with relevant skills for employment, decent jobs, and entrepreneurship.
- Eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education for all, including persons with disabilities and ethnic minorities.
- Provide safe, nonviolent, inclusive and effective learning environments.
To learn more, visit the UN's page on Goal 4 here.