UN Goal 8 - Economic Growth
The UN has developed 17 Sustainable Development Goals for countries across the world to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
Goal 8 is to promote economic growth. Not only did the pandemic undo a lot of progress made before, it also continues to hinder progress along with current issues such as the pandemic, price inflation, supply-chain disruptions, and labor shortages.
- Sustain at least 7% GDP growth per year in the least developed countries
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation
- Gradually improve global resource efficiency in consumption and production
- Create polices that promote productivity, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all.
To learn more, visit the UN's page on Goal 8 here.