Definition: A student who has graduated from a home school program or a non-accredited high school has special requirements. Dalton State College offers a number of paths to admission for these applicants. To be accepted, an applicant must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- SAT I or ACT Composite Score at or above Dalton State’s average score for first time freshman from the previous year’s fall semester.
Minimum Scores: SAT I Composite of 960 or higher; ACT Composite of 20 or higher
- Passing GED Scores
- Diploma from a regionally accredited home study program such as the American School or Seton Home Study School
- Diploma from a school accredited by the:
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study (Georgia only)(ACIS)
- Georgia Private School Accreditation Council (GAPSAC)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Georgia Accrediting Commission, Inc. (GAC)
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools (GACS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Students meeting one or more of the above criteria will be considered Beginning Freshman.