How will my financial aid be disbursed?

How will my financial aid be disbursed?

Financial aid is first applied to your tuition, fees, and book charges. If your financial aid award for a semester exceeds these charges, you will receive a refund. At Dalton State, financial aid refunds are issued through your My One Card (HigherOne, Inc., a one-card banking and electronic funds disbursement system). If you are a new student, you will be mailed a My One Card (HigherOne-issued debit card). If you are a returning student, you should have already received your My One Card (HigherOne card).

To choose your DS One refund option visit:

Select from the following choices:

  1. Directly deposited to your Higher One OneAccount and accessed with your My One Card (Same business day).*
  2. Deposited to another bank account of your choice as an ACH (2 to 3 business days).*
  3. Mailed, as a paper check, from Higher One, Inc. to the address on file (5 to 7 business days).*

*After processing has been completed on Dalton State College’s campus and funds have been transmitted to Higher One, Inc.

Note: If you are a returning student and have not received your My One Card, please contact the Dalton State Business Office in the Westcott Administration Building (706.272.4435).

When will my financial aid be disbursed? Can I use financial aid to buy books?

Preregistered students awarded aid prior to the beginning of the term may charge books in the Dalton State Bookstore once they receive email notificaiton through their Dalton State email account (if a credit balance remains after tuition and fees are paid); remaining credit balances will be distributed after two weeks of class. Students awarded aid after classes begin may expect financial aid refunds within two weeks of receiving their award notification. Exception: Student Loans will not be credited to your DSC student account until funds are received from your lender. First time, freshmen borrower loan disbursements are delayed until 30 days after the first day of class.  See the Student Loan section for more information about receiving student loan funds.

Note: Enrollment status for financial aid purposes is determined at the end of the Drop/Add period, and eligibility for financial aid is adjusted accordingly. Audited and credit-by-exam (CLEP) classes are not eligible for aid. Federal grant aid for C session classes are applied to student accounts the week before C session begins.