Office of Financial Aid
Meet with a Financial Aid Counselor
Following our new safety guidelines, Financial Aid Counselors and other experts from our Office of Enrollment Services will now be meeting with students by appointment ONLY. We are offering virtual meetings through Microsoft Teams following the guidelines on the appointment form.
If you have a Dalton State email you can get Microsoft Teams for free. And, you can download the Microsoft Teams app on your device from your favorite app store.
The mission of the Office of Student Financial Aid and Veteran Services at Dalton State College is to remove financial barriers to higher education. The office promotes the success of a diverse student body, while complying with all federal, state and University System policies and regulations. Prospective and current students are provided with the information and services needed to finance their education.
Financial Aid and Veteran Services Code of Conduct
In compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (H.R. 4137) as signed into law on August 14, 2008, the following is the Code of Conduct regarding students loans for the Office of Financial Aid at Dalton State College.
Dalton State College:
- Does not require students to use a particular lender or in any way limit the choice of lenders for students.
- Does not recommend external lenders to students or their parents, and does not maintain a list of lenders that are preferred over other lenders (we do provide a list of lenders as possible suggestions - which in no way should be recognized as preferring one over another).
- Processes loan applications through any lender a student or parent chooses.
- Does not solicit or accept anything of value from any lender in exchange for any advantage sought by the lender to make educational loans to students enrolled at, or admitted to, the College.
- Prohibits employees of the financial aid office, or any employee who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to educational loans, from taking from any lender any gift worth more than nominal value.
- Prohibits employees of the financial aid office, or any employee who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to educational loans, from entering into any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide to a lender services relating to educational loans.
- Prohibits employees of the financial aid office, or any employee who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to educational loans, who serve on an advisory board (or commission or group) relating to educational loans established by a lender or group of lenders in connection with serving on such advisory board (or commission or group).
Office of Student Financial Aid and Veteran Services
Linea de asistencia en Español: 706-712-4573