Bandy Gym Dress Code & Facility Policies:
- Activated Roadrunner or Faculty/Staff ID required to use Bandy Gym's facilities, participate in programs, intramurals, and fitness classes.
- A waiver must be signed before participating in intramurals, programs, fitness classes, and personal training.
- Appropriate athletic apparel is required during activities in fitness area and gym floor.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Entire upper body must be covered.
- Sleeves must cover your shoulders.
- If you cut the sleeves off of a shirt, the sleeves must be cut along the sleeve stitching.
- A shirt can be no more than 4 inches below your armpit.
- No skin should touch the machines.
- Basketball players may wear basketball jerseys on gym floor.
- Yoga and Stretching/Ab type classes
- Shorts must cover your entire buttocks area.
- Must wear closed toe shoes in fitness area.
- Must wear non-marking athletic shoes on gym floor.
- No muddy shoes allowed in fitness area or gym floor.
NO bare feet allowed in fitness area or gym floor. Exceptions: Yoga and Stretching/Ab type classes.
NO jeans should be worn while using the fitness center.
NO gum, food, or drinks allowed in the fitness center or gym floor.
*Drinks must be in a sealable, spill proof plastic container.
Do you need a doctor's release: It is recommended that if you meet 2 or more of the following, you submit a Dr. Release before beginnning any fitness class:
- You're a man older than age 45 or a woman older than age 55
- You have a family history of heart disease before age 55
- You smoke or you quit smoking in the past six months
- You haven't exercised for three months or more
- You're overweight or obese
- You have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- You have impaired glucose tolerance, also called pre-diabetes
- If you are pregnant
Fall 2018 Fitness Classes
SOME CLASSES REQUIRE PRE-REGISTRATION. SEE BELOW. |
FITNESS ATTIRE REQUIRED, TORSO & BUTTOCKS MUST BE COVERED | ROADRUNNER OR FACULTY/STAFF ID REQUIRED
Some classes are a tech free zone.
Check-in at fitness center located in Bandy Gym.
A waiver must be signed before participating in your first fitness class.
You are participating at your own risk and are responsible for what you can and cannot do.
Not your typical yoga class! A fusion class mixing Pilates and Yoga moves for a whole body workout leaving you challenged, re-energized, and definitely not bored!
- 8 classes: Monday's, Aug. 27th-Oct. 29th (no class Sept. 3rd & Oct. 8th)
- Time: 4:45-5:15 pm
- Where: Bandy Gym
- Equipment: Mats are provided, but you can bring your own.
- No pre-registration required. Drop-in on any class.
Cardio Circuit: Not your typical cardio routine! Beat the cardio boredom by working out with others through circuit work. Each class will push you to improve your endurance, muscle strength, and core area while engaging in walking or running and body weight exercises.
- 4 classes: Tuesday's, Sept. 4th-25th
- Time: 4:45-5:15 PM
- Where: Check-in at Bandy Gym's Fitness center. Classes are outside. If raining, class canceled. Your DSC email will be notified or call the fitness center at 706-272-4443
- What to bring: Water and a bath or beach towel! There is no water outside.
- No pre-registration required: Drop-in on any class.
FIT in 30:
Popularity is bringing this class back! For 30 mins of this class, you will move through circuits working your entire body with agility, strength, and core exercises while increasing your heart rate for a great cardio burn!
- 4 classes: Tuesday's, Oct 2nd-30th (no class Oct. 9th)
- Time: 4:45-5:30 pm
- Where: Check-in at Bandy Gym's Fitness center. Classes are on the turf field. If raining, class is canceled. A DSC email will be sent out or call the fitness center at 706-272-4443.
- What to bring: Water! There is no water outside.
- Pre-registration required: Max is 15. Must be registered by Oct. 1st at 5 pm.
- Email Anne Loughren at email@example.com
- Register now! Class fills quickly. This is a group oriented class so attendance is very important.
Anne Loughren, M.S.
Assistant Director of Fitness
AFAA personal trainer and yoga instructor