Student Life offers multiple opportunities for students to attend student leadership conferences both on and off campus. Attending leadership conferences allow students the opportunity to develop leadership capacity and connect with like-minded people to expand their professional network. Conferences also provide a structured opportunity for students to step back, sort through, think creatively and critically, and reflect on new perspectives.
These opportunities typically require a time commitment of one or more days. For more information on the opportunities outlined below, please contact Student Life at 706.272.4428 or sign-up here to schedule an in-person meeting to learn more.
Dalton State's Annual Student Leadership Conference
Student Life coordinates the Annual Leadership Conference providing a dedicated space and platform for students who are committed to community service, civic engagement, and social justice. The Annual Leadership Conference is a one-day leadership development conference open to any currently enrolled college student.
- Date: September 22, 2018
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Pope Student Center (650 College Drive, Dalton, GA 30720)
Conference Learning Objectives:
- Participants of the Leadership Conference will examine their own motivations for civic engagement, social justice, and service;
- enhance their understanding of social issues;
- increase their leadership capacity and skills to positively impact their campus and community;
- Create an individual action plan to address a social issue through service, advocacy, philanthropy, or another action leading to positive change.
- Current DSC student registration: Free with advance registration and a valid DSC ID or $15 at the door.
- General College Student Admission: $20 with a college ID. If you would like to register a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a group registration form.
To register for the Annual Student Leadership Conference, please complete the form below:
GEORGIA COLLEGIATE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE (GCLC)
The Georgia Collegiate Leadership Conference is designed to develop the leadership skills of undergraduate students. GCLC is a one-day conference that is housed at the University of Georgia, and it provides opportunities to get to know other student leaders while attending information sessions and activities.
L3 SUMMIT (LEAVING A LEGACY OF LEADERSHIP)
The L3 Summit is a statewide, five day conference that is held every summer at the University of North Georgia. The Summit focuses on leadership development and goal-setting, and the training will help emerging leaders grow to become vital contributors to their college campuses. Applicants for L3 Summit should be an emerging leader with the class rank of a rising sophomore or junior in good academic standing with Dalton State College.
Each year at the end of spring semester, two students, who present themselves as strong candidates are chosen to attend a LeaderShape session. The LeaderShape Institute is an interactive, energizing, and life changing experience that builds leadership skills no other program can match. Since 1986, over 31,000 participants from all over the world have graduated from our program. But be prepared! It is six days of non-stop self-discovery and learning from practical experiences that build your leadership concepts and abilities. Get ready to change the world! Students interested in attending LeaderShape must be a rising junior or senior in good academic standing, and must be seeking a baccalaureate degree at Dalton State College. In addition, students must show a strong will to advance their current leadership skills, as well as using those skills and applying them in everyday situations.