The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG) named members of the Dalton State College Presidential Search Committee on March 17, 2023. The committee will conduct a national search to replace Dr. Margaret H. Venable, who announced plans to retire on June 1, 2023.
Presidential Search Committee Members
- Regent Lowery May, committee chair
- Regent and Board Chairman Harold Reynolds
- Regent Tom Bradbury
- Anna Adamson, director of development, Junior Achievement of Northwest Georgia
- James Beach, assistant director of payroll; chair, Dalton State College Staff Council
- Jennifer Granados, student; vice president, Student Government Association (SGA)
- Chip Howalt, president and owner of Textile Rubber and Chemical Company; chair, Dalton State Foundation
- Raphael Huerta, outreach director, Latin American Association
- John Lugthart, Ph.D.; professor of biology; Shaw Industries Chair in STEM
- Ashley May, vice chancellor of external affairs and chief of staff, University System of Georgia
- Jason Mock, president and CEO, Greater Dalton Chamber
- Hussein Mohamed, Ph.D.; professor of biology; president, Faculty Senate
- Mariela Vazquez, alum; 2020-21 SGA president; fifth-grade teacher, Dalton Public Schools
The Presidential Search Committee will guide the first stage of the search. At the conclusion of its work, the committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Board of Regents for consideration.
The Presidential Search Committee members were given their roles and responsibilities in conducting the search during the initial committee meeting on March 23, 2023.