The Honors Program provides students at Dalton State with an exciting opportunity to join a community of students committed to academic excellence in the classroom and engagement on campus by planning and participating in co-curricular activities. Join the Honors Program and become a campus leader!
Benefits of being part of the Honors Program include:
- Priority registration
- Mentorship from faculty on the Honors Council
- Stimulating and challenging curriculum culminating in an Honors-designated degree
- Social networking with a tight-knit group of students
- Participation in both co-curricular and social events planned by fellow Honors students
- Leadership opportunities on campus
There are several requirements students must meet in order to join the Honors Program and retain their membership. Incoming students must have a minimum unweighted high school GPA of 3.5. In order to be an Honors Program graduate, students must complete at least 24 hours of Honors-designated courses over the course of their studies at Dalton State, participate in at least three co-curricular events per semester, and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in all college coursework.
The Honors Program can have a positive impact on your college experience and future opportunities.
- Priority registration can help you be more successful in college by allowing you to get the classes that you need at the times most convenient for your schedule.
- Faculty mentors can also contribute to your success by providing:
- Valuable advice
- Expert feedback
- Personalized encouragement as you progress through college
- Being part of an Honors cohort will allow you to develop a sense of community with your fellow Honors students as you take classes together, share experiences, form study groups, and bond over your collective journey in the program.
- Becoming involved on campus can contribute to success in college as you:
- Develop leadership skills
- Network with people who can help you be more successful
- Make a positive impact on the campus community
All of these benefits are available to honors students at Dalton State.
Accept the invitation: Students will be invited to participate in the Honors Program and should follow the instructions in their invitation to complete their registration for the program.
Complete curricular requirements: In order to graduate with Honors, students must complete 24 credit hours of Honors-designated courses while completing the requirements for their chosen degree program.
Participate in co-curricular programs:
- Each Fall
- Welcome Back Kickoff
- 9/11 Day of Service
- Each Spring
- Last Lecture
- The Big Event (day of student-run service projects)
- With your cohort
- Year One
- Fall: Navigating campus and its resources workshop
- Spring: Mental health workshop
- Year Two
- Fall: Balancing it all workshop
- Spring: Diversity workshop
- Year Three
- Fall: Emotional intelligence workshop
- Spring: Values workshop
- Year Four
- Fall: Involvement and building your resume
- Spring: Etiquette Dinner
- Year One
Honors Program 9/11 Day of Service
INTERESTED in the Honors Program? WHAT’S NEXT?
Check your email/mail for an invitation from email@example.com and follow the instructions.