The Honors Program provides students at Dalton State with an exciting opportunity to join a community of students committed to academic excellence in the classroom and engagement on campus by planning and participating in co-curricular activities. Join the Honors Program and become a campus leader!
Benefits of being part of the Honors Program include:
- Priority registration
- Mentorship from faculty on the Honors Council
- Stimulating and challenging curriculum culminating in an Honors-designated degree
- Social networking with a tight-knit group of students
- Participation in both co-curricular and social events planned by fellow Honors students
- Leadership opportunities on campus
There are several requirements students must meet in order to join the Honors Program and retain their membership. Incoming students must have a minimum unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 and either an SAT combined score of 1080 or an ACT combined score of 21. In order to retain membership in the program, students at Dalton State must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5, complete at least six hours of Honors-designated courses per academic year, and participate in at least three co-curricular events per semester.
The Honors Program can have a positive impact on your college experience and future opportunities.
- Priority registration can help you be more successful in college by allowing you to get the classes that you need at the times most convenient for your schedule.
- Faculty mentors can also contribute to your success by providing:
- Valuable advice
- Expert feedback
- Personalized encouragement as you progress through college
- Being part of an Honors cohort will allow you to develop a sense of community with your fellow Honors students as you take classes together, share experiences, form study groups, and bond over your collective journey in the program.
- Becoming involved on campus can contribute to success in college as you:
- Develop leadership skills
- Network with people who can help you be more successful
- Make a positive impact on the campus community
All of these benefits are available to honors students at Dalton State.
Accept the invitation: Students will be invited to participate in the Honors Program and should follow the instructions in their invitation to complete their registration for the program.
Complete curricular requirements: In order to graduate with Honors, students must complete 24 credit hours of Honors-designated courses while completing the requirements for their chosen degree program.
Participate in co-curricular programs:
- Each Fall
- Welcome Back Kickoff
- 9/11 Day of Service
- Each Spring
- Last Lecture
- The Big Event (day of student-run service projects)
- With your cohort
- Year One
- Fall: Navigating campus and its resources workshop
- Spring: Mental health workshop
- Year Two
- Fall: Balancing it all workshop
- Spring: Diversity workshop
- Year Three
- Fall: Emotional intelligence workshop
- Spring: Values workshop
- Year Four
- Fall: Involvement and building your resume
- Spring: Etiquette Dinner
- Year One
Interested? What’s next?
Check your email/mail for an invitation from email@example.com and follow the instructions.