Mission and Purpose
Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
This position is responsible for directing the college’s institutional research functions.
- Directs institutional research and assessment activities. (60%)
- Directs assessment activities and documentation for all educational programs and courses, administrative support services, academic and student support services, and community/public services.
- Produces, maintains, and reports on assessment data for internal and external purposes.
- Facilitates college-wide system of academic program reviews and evaluations.
- Implements a system for institutional strategic planning and assists in coordinating the annual implementation, assessment, monitoring, and reporting on the achievement of goals.
- Compiles, analyzes, and disseminates quantitative data on areas of student achievement.
- Provides assessment assistance to faculty and staff through training, consultation, and professional development activities.
- Collaborates with deans, faculty assessment facilitators, and the Office of Computing and Information Services to achieve assessment goals and ensure continual improvement in institutional effectiveness.
- Manages SACSCOC reaccreditation functions. (30%)
- Guides the institution’s efforts for successful SACSCOC reaccreditation.
- Serves as the college’s SACSCOC Liaison Officer.
- Supervises part-time staff. (10%)
- Hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.