Dalton State Announces 2023 Giving Day
Dalton State’s fourth annual Giving Day will be held on Thursday, Oct. 19.
“Giving Day is when alumni and donors, faculty and staff, individuals and corporations – anyone who cares about Dalton State and its future in our community – join together in a broad show of financial support for any part of the college they love most,” said David Elrod, director of the Dalton State Foundation.
Donors can make an enduring impact on the Dalton State community by investing in one or more special Giving Day projects. There are nine projects this year, including the Roadrunner Trail System, Roadrunner Student Emergency Fund, Wright School of Business Technology Fund, Turtle Assurance Colony, Tony Ingle Memorial Scholarship, Dalton State Athletics Hall of Fame, School of Education GAP Fund, School of Health Professions Technology Fund and School of Arts and Sciences Experiential Learning/Applied Learning Fund.
“Giving Day is all about participation, and we welcome gifts in any amount,” said Elrod. “A lot of small gifts can go a long way when everyone is working toward the same goals.”
This year’s projects’ descriptions:
- Roadrunner Trail System - a popular hiking experience on campus and open to the community. Beginning and experienced hikers can enjoy the 2.5 miles of interconnected trails that are suitable for all ages. Resources will be used to continue the expansion of a fourth trail, nearly doubling the length of the system.
- Roadrunner Student Emergency Fund - supports students who are experiencing a severe financial need. Examples include emergency medical bills, overdue utility bills reaching a disconnect notice, homelessness. Funds will be used to support students through these difficult times and help mitigate a negative impact on the student’s academic success.
- Wright School of Business Technology Fund - enhances the student learning experience with the newest technology that ensures business students are workplace ready when they graduate.
- Dalton State’s Turtle Assurance Colony - has a challenge donor who will match all gifts up to $5,000 for this unique research and teaching habitat where endangered turtle species from around the world are cultivated for release back into the wild.
- Tony Ingle Memorial Basketball Scholarship celebrates a player on 1970s-era Roadrunner basketball teams who returned as men’s basketball head coach in 2013 and led his team to the 2015 NAIA Men’s Basketball National Championship.
- Dalton State Athletics Hall of Fame - display honors players and coaches of distinction and major impact in their sport or Roadrunner Athletics as a whole. The first class will be inducted in 2024-2025.
- School of Education GAP Fund - supports students with financial need who must access major-related assessments, databases and other expense-related activities.
- School of Health Professions Technology Fund - for specialized and sophisticated equipment upgrades that position students for professional success.
- School of Arts and Sciences Experiential/Applied Learning Fund - facilitates the opportunity for students to engage in real-world learning activities such as academic conferences, field experiences and service learning.
You can participate in Giving Day by giving online at https://daltonstate.givingfuel.com/dalton-state-giving-day or by calling the Dalton State Foundation at 706-272-4473. Any gift made between now and October 19 will be included in the Giving Day initiative.