Getting Started

Who can live in campus housing?

Currently enrolled Dalton State students taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each fall and spring semester may apply to live in Mashburn Hall. Exception is giving to nursing majors enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours each semester.

How and when do I apply for housing?

Students must be accepted to Dalton State before being able to complete and submit a housing application. Log into your Roadrunner Portal account through the link on the main page. Click “Students” and then “DSC Campus Housing Application Portal.” Then click on the “Proceed to DSC Campus Housing Application Portal Site” button. Click on “Application” and follow all instructions. Please be sure to carefully review your housing contract before submitting your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will direct the non-refundable $200 application fee, and the non-refundable $100 reservation fee to the Business Office, located in the Westcott Building.

Can I request a particular room?

Students can request to room with a particular student, and/or request a specific type of suite. However, specific room requests cannot be honored unless a student possesses a specific medial situation/condition that requires special consideration.

Do I have to choose a meal plan?

All students living in Mashburn Hall are required to purchase a meal plan.  For more information please visit our Residential Meal Plans page. Should you have any questions about meal plans, please direct all inquiries directly to Campus Services by phone at 706-272-2712 or email at [email protected].

Can I view my assigned room before Move-In Day?

Because we are moving previous residents out of rooms and preparing rooms for incoming arrivals, rooms are not ready for view until Move-In day.

Policies and Procedures

What happens if a student is locked out of his/her room or suite?

During hours of operation, the student should contact the Resident Assistant or Office Assistant located at the front desk in order to be let into the room. For after hour lock outs, students will need to call the RA on Duty.

What do I do if I lose my key?

Contact the Residential Life Office to request a new key. Residential Life staff will complete the steps to order a new key. Charges for the new key will be added to the student’s account.

How do I report a maintenance concern?

Students can report maintenance non-emergency requests online by clicking the “Maintenance Request” link under the “Forms” tab on the Residential Life website.

May I have guests in my suite/room?

Residential students are allowed to host other students and guests at any time as long as it does not interfere with a roommate(s)’ right to sleep, study, privacy, and/or normal use of the room (as stipulated by the roommate agreement). Guests as well as other students are limited to a stay of three consecutive nights per week. All overnight guests must register at the front desk of Mashburn Hall.

Where can I get a parking permit?

All motor vehicles operated on campus must be registered with Public Safety.

May I stay in my room through the holiday breaks?

Mashburn Hall officially closes for winter break, and the college does not provide temporary housing for students. Please make the necessary accommodations for the Winter break.

Can I decorate and personalize my room?

Students are allowed to personalize their rooms, but with certain limitations. The limitations generally prohibit anything that causes a permanent change or damage to the room or furniture for future residents. Residential Life recommends the use of wall-safe adhesives, such as 3M.

Are pets allowed?

Pets, except non-carnivorous fish, are prohibited in the residence hall. You may keep fish in your room providing the fish tank does not exceed 10 U.S. gallons and all residents of the room agree to have a fish tank in the room. A special exception is made for students who need a Service Animal in order to have equal access to housing.

What about bringing my own refrigeration or microwave?

Students can bring a small refrigeration (3.5 cu ft or less) and a microwave (1,100 watts or less).

What is the alcohol and smoking policy?

Dalton State College is a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free campus. Please review the Residential Living Guide for specific guidelines and expectations.

May I bring a bicycle to campus?

Yes, however, bicycles are not to be kept inside the residence halls for any reason, as this is a violation of the fire code. Bike racks are provided in front of the main entrance of Mashburn Hall. The College assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged bicycles.

Will the College pay for any property loss resulting from theft or maintenance issues in the residence hall?

While the College takes reasonable measures to prevent theft and vandalism, individual students must take the responsibility for keeping their room doors and windows locked at all times. The College and Corvias Campus Living are not responsible for resident’s belongings during occupancy or after check-out. Residents are encouraged to have appropriate and adequate renter’s insurance or to make sure your belongings are covered under your parent or guardians’ home owner’s insurance.

About Mashburn

Is there internet access in every room?

Internet connection is available for each student through Apogee Wireless Internet. Students will be able to connect up to five different devices without having to compete for WiFi speed and quality.

Are there kitchens in Mashburn Hall?

Mashburn Hall has two community kitchens located on the first and third floors of the building.

Where are laundry facilities located?

Laundry rooms are located on every floor of Mashburn Hall at the connection of the south and west wings. The cost for laundry is included in the student’s room rate, so no coins or cards are needed for operation. Laundry service even includes text notification technology that will alert students when the cycle is finished.

Will cable TV be provided?

80 different digital cable channels are provided for every student. Channels include HBO, MTV and Nickelodeon to name a few.

What furniture will be in my room when I arrive?

Each student is provided with a twin XL bed, chest of drawers, writing table with desk chair, side table, and closet space. Students may not substitute personal furniture for these items. Furniture may not be moved from room to room, or out of the lobbies and public areas of Mashburn Hall.

What are the dimensions of the room?

Single occupancy bedrooms are 11’ 4” deep x 8’ 10” wide. Double occupancy bedrooms are 14’ 8” deep x 10’ 6” wide.

What is the mailing address for Mashburn Hall?

(Student Name)
Mashburn Hall
623 Campus Place, Suite (Number)
Dalton, GA 30720

Move In

When can I move-in?

Move-in details will be included when you receive your housing and roommate assignment. Typically, residents move in two to three days before the start of classes.

What are the times of move-in?

Typically, move-in is scheduled for 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. every day of move-in. A move-in email will be sent directly to your Dalton State email address with more information regarding parking and schedule of the day.