Connect with us on Facebook below:
In addition to classes offered in the evening and on Saturdays on our Main Campus, Dalton State also offers general education credit classes at the Dalton State Gilmer Center, in Ellijay. These classes include courses from Areas A-F of the Core Curriculum as well as Learning Support classes. Please check the Dalton State schedule of classes for dates, times and course offerings.
All credit courses offered at our extended campus sites carry the same academic credit as the equivalent courses offered on the main campus in Dalton. We are proud of our record of academic excellence here at Dalton State, and our extended campus courses are normally taught by full time faculty members.
Students who have attended or are currently attending Appalachian Technical College, Coosa Valley Technical College, or Northwestern Technical College, also have a unique opportunity to earn an Associate of Applied Science Cooperative Degree by combining their technical programs with general education courses taken from Dalton State College. Depending on the technical area of study, students with the A.A.S. Degree can continue with their studies at Dalton State and seek a Bachelor's of Applied Science Degree.
Dalton State also offers a selection of general educations classes on our main campus on Saturdays. Not all general education classes are offered on Saturdays, so please check with your advisor, or with the Dalton State Schedule of Classes, about class availability.
Applicants who are interested in attending credit classes in the evenings or at our extended campus sites should apply to the college for acceptance using the same procedures as all Dalton State College students. For application (available online) and financial aid materials, and for information about the Cooperative Degree Program, please contact our Office of Enrollment and Student Services or our extended campus site coordinators:
Tracey May, Site Coordinator
Melanie Cantrell, Administrative Assistant
103 Dalton St, Ellijay, GA 30540
Directions from Interstate I-75 Exit 333 at Walnut Avenue (Dalton, Georgia):
- Follow Walnut Avenue/Ga-52 E to Ga-52 E. (13.9 miles)
- Turn right onto N 3rd Avenue/Ga-2/US-411/US-76/Ga-52/Ga-61. Continue to follow US-411/US-76. (6.7 miles)
- Turn left onto US-76/Old US 411/US -76/Gerald H. Leonard Parkway/Southern Highroads Scenic Highway. (2.4 miles)
- Turn left onto Ga-282/US -76. Continue to follow Ga-282/US-76. (16.1 miles)
- Turn left onto Ga-5 Alt/South Main Street. ( 1.1 miles)
- Enter roundabout and take 4th exit onto Broad Street.
- Take 1st right. Dalton State Gilmer County Center is 3rd brick building on right. Public parking lot on left.