Call the Reference Desk at 706.272.4583/ Text to 706.225.8927 / Use the Chat feature on the library web page.
To set up a Research Appointment, call Melissa Whitesell at 706.272.2503 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Research Guide – https://libguides.daltonstate.edu/MNGT4701
Business Source Complete (Business Searching Interface)
Use Business Source Complete database to locate industry profiles, market research reports, SWOT analysis, and articles from business journals.
Library Web Page > GALILEO > Databases by subject, type or name > Business Source Complete
1. To research a company, click on the Company Information or Company Profile link.
2. Enter the name of your company and select the type of report.
3. Find the history, key employees, products and services, NAICS, as well as competitors, financials, SWOT analysis and industry reports.
Library Web Page > GALILEO > Databases by subject, type or name > IBISWorld
Occupational Outlook Handbook https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
In Occupation Groups box on main page, select Business and Financial Occupations.
Some questions to ask:
- I saw on the company website that X is one of the core values of the business. How would you say this position demonstrates that value?
- I know that the company’s overall mission is X. But can you share some of the company’s short and long-term goals with me? What part would I play in helping the business achieve those goals?
- I see that X is important to your company. How would you say that team leaders set employees up for success in that area?
- I know the company has a strong culture of X. How do you feel your team exemplifies that culture?
- What are the company’s current priorities?
- How does it innovate in the industry — by maintaining cutting edge products, cutting costs, or other means?
- Would you describe the ideal candidate for this position?
- What are some of the problems your company faces right now, and what is your department doing to solve them?
- What makes people stay at this company?
- How do you help your team grow professionally?
- Can you give me an example of how I would collaborate with my manager?