Student Government Association
The Student Government Association, typically referred to as the SGA, is made up of diverse student representation from the student body and two faculty representatives who are appointed annually. The Student Government Association is here to serve the students of Roadrunner Nation.
2023-2024 Cabinet Members
Vice President of the Senate
Vice President of the House
Austin Reeves Jr.
Senator for the Wright School of Business
Senator for the School of Arts and Sciences, Science
Senator for the School of Arts and Sciences, Art
Senator for the School of Health Professions
Senator for Dean of Students
Senator of Enrollment Management
Senator of Residential Life
Senator of Education
- Student Life Fees must be used in accordance with State, University System, and Dalton State policies.
- The function of the organization and/or department should be in accordance with the mission of Dalton State.
- The organization and/or department must provide programs or services that benefit the student body.
- Applicants should demonstrate campus/community involvement.
- Student organizations requesting funding must be registered with the Office of Student Life prior to their request.
- Student Life Fees must be used by organizations and/or departments to provide recreational, entertaining and/or culturally enriching programs or services which do not solely support academic programs.
- Student Life Fees may not fund scholarships, gifts, fundraising, or political parties.
- Organizations and/or departments may request a one-time allocation to be used for the sole purpose of purchasing items that would not be a part of on-going operations. These funds may not be used for anything other than what is approved. A Request for Funding Form must be submitted in a timely manner to access these funds. Funding is dependent upon availability of funds. Not all requests for money may be approved.
- The Student Life Budget and Fee Committee recommendations will be based on the following criteria:
- Attendance verification and participation at mandatory SGA meetings.
- Quality and completeness of the written proposal.
- How the fees will serve Dalton State students — In general, programs which serve larger numbers of students will receive stronger consideration than those which serve smaller numbers of students. Programs or activities which serve smaller numbers of students should provide exceptional advantages to the College; it is the responsibility of the proposer to make the case for why they should receive consideration.
- For organizations and/or departments who received Student Life Fees for the current year, the Budget Committee will look at how effectively the fees were spent to serve Dalton State students.
- How many students were served by programs and activities?
- What were the benefits of the programs and activities to students?
- How knowledgeable is the presenter about how funds were used?
- Were the funds used as they were approved by last year’s Student Life Budget and Fee Committee?
**More information on your tuition and student fees can be found here.
Documents & Forms
The SGA Constitution is a governing document explaining all of SGA's processes and procedures. This document was last reviewed and revised in February 2023. You may review the document, here.
Elected official expectations
SGA elected officials are expected to review, sign, and follow all expectations outlined, here.
Access the most frequently used forms for campus groups, here.
The 2023 SGA Election Candidacy Guide and Declaration of Candidacy links are below:
Below is an archive of all SGA meetings starting in Fall of 2012. SGA meets once per month August through April.
Below is an archive of all SGA Legislation starting in the Spring of 2022. Legislation is proposed and voted on by current SGA Representatives.
Hello! Thank you for wanting more information on the Request For Funding Process here at Dalton State College. Those eligible to request funding through this process include: Current RSO’s, RSO’s seeking recognition, any student, any employee or department hosting a student program.
- In order to submit the Request For Funding, please make sure you have all of the items taken care of prior:
- For Current RSO’s: please make sure that you have attended 75% (6 out of 8) SGA Meetings of the previous year in order to be eligible.
- All other eligible parties: you may submit a Request For Funding at any point.
- Please use this form to submit the official request. If you have any questions during the process, please reach out to the Office of Student Life for further assistance - contact information is below.
- After submitting the request, you should receive an email from the Vice-President of SGA to present your Request for Funding at the Budget and Fee Committee meeting that occurs prior to the full SGA meeting, the last Friday of every month at 8:00 am. In addition, you will attend and present the request at the General SGA meeting at 10:00 AM. You will be responsible for presenting these items:
- The amount requested
- A breakdown of costs
- The number of students attending
- The benefit the targeted students will gain from your proposal
- How it will help the students at Dalton State college
- After these steps have been completed, a decision will be made by the voting members of SGA. If your request has been approved, you can work with Student Life to process all purchases.
For reference, you can access the SGA Funding Policies (p. 13 - 18).
We are so glad you are interested in starting a new RSO! Below is an overview of the process.
To submit the RSO Request, please make sure you have all of the items completed:
- 10 or more currently enrolled student members that have agreed to join the club
- A faculty or staff member that has agreed to serve as an advisor to the group
- A constitution that states all required information.
Need help writing a constitution? See the template here.
- Optional: Request for Funding
Funding eligibility is contingent on approval of New RSO Application.
Once the above items are completed, please fill out New RSO Application. If you have any questions during the process, please reach out to the Office of Student Life - contact information is below.
After submitting the application, you should receive an email from the Vice-President of SGA present your Request for Funding at the SGA Cabinet meeting that occurs prior to the full SGA meeting, the last Friday of every month at 8:00 am. In addition, you will attend and present the request at the General SGA meeting at 10:00 am. You will be responsible for presenting these items:
- RSO Application with the general purpose of the organization
- The benefit the targeted students will gain from your proposal
- How it will help the students at Dalton State College
After these steps have been completed, a decision will be made by the voting members of SGA. If approved, the president and advisor will be required to complete online RSO training.
If approved, consider submitting a Request for Funding (p. 11) to secure an operating budget for your new RSO.