The School of Business at Dalton State College offers undergraduate business programs to serve Northwest Georgia and the surrounding areas to positively impact the regional community. Our mission is to provide innovative educational opportunities and create a high quality work force with skills needed by area employers.
We seek to continuously improve our status as an academically respected and student-oriented regional school of business.
- Responsible citizenship: We believe graduates should make positive contributions to their business and local communities.
- Ethics: We believe graduates should work, above all, in a manner that adheres to ethical norms of both the business and local communities.
- Diversity: We encourage multi-cultural and international learning and experiences to develop a respectful awareness for diversity and social integration.
- Innovation: We believe graduates should be able to develop new approaches to meeting market needs.
- Quality-seeking and adaptation: We believe graduates should challenge existing processes and adapt to changing market conditions through continuous individual improvement.
- Engagement: We believe graduates and faculty should effectively engage the business and civic communities; locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Improve student awareness of the global environment and business issues by increasing participation in study abroad, internships, and student activities.
- Encourage innovative instructional practices to improve student engagement and course learning outcomes.
- Offer new curriculum and degree programs desired by students and area employers.
- Promote faculty-initiated research with a balanced contribution to practice and pedagogy.
- Create, promote and disseminate research to people in the local economic area.
- Gauge the effectiveness of lower level business classes to promote continuous improvement.
- Endorse development and engagement of professional staff.
- Address the specific needs of students traditionally underserved, including Military, Hispanic, and first-generation college student populations.
Thanks for visiting our website, and let me know how we can assist you.
Dr. Larry Johnson, Dean
Dr. Larry Johnson, Ph.D. Dean, School of Business